GLOBAL DUTY FREE RETAILER SEEKS CATEGORY MANAGERS
Date posted: 2014-02-25
The Company: Leading global duty free retailer
The Opportunity: Category Manager
Leading global duty free retailer seeks category managers for liquor, beauty and confectionery for its Indian business. Candidates should have at least four years’ experience in the travel retail industry, inclusive of buying responsibilities.
The roles are based in India and one Category Manager is expected to head the department within a year of joining.
Applications should be sent through The Moodie Report via Martin@TheMoodieReport.com
Maui Jim Sunglasses seeks Brand Manager, Travel Retail
Date posted: 2014-02-19
The Company: Maui Jim
The Opportunity: Maui Jim Sunglasses - Brand Manager, Travel Retail
Maui Jim is seeking an experienced Brand Manager to effectively manage and execute strategic marketing and sales initiatives as they relate to Global Duty Free and Travel Retail Accounts. This position will work closely with the US Marketing team to develop focused and effective marketing programs and execute these strategies from a 360 degree vantage point. This position will be responsible for project management, budget and detailed execution of all programs.
1. Collaborate with US Marketing team to create marketing materials and programs that are in-line with the Global marketing campaign and provide regional relevance within the Duty Free Global market.
2. Identify and secure business growth opportunities including brand strategies and brand positioning in liaison with Marketing.
3. Develop and implement strategic initiatives to drive Duty Free/Travel Retail sales, working closely with regional duty free sales mangers.
4. Identify opportunities with retailers for major events/HPP that drive brand equity, sales and customer support.
5. Plan and execute annual duty free marketing calendars with retailers and airport authorities.
6. Review and approve cost/benefit analysis of each marketing promotion.
7. Source relevant GWP’s that will elevate brand awareness and drive sales.
8. Visit POS to ensure proper execution of brand standards and adjust as needed.
9. Meet annually with key Duty Free customers to review and present brand marketing opportunities.
10. Continuously gather intelligence and research on the brand’s performance within the Travel Retail category.
11. Monitor customer and consumer attitudes and trends to identify opportunities and improvements.
12. Partner with Director of Global Travel Retail to ensure all regions receive the full expertise and knowledge of this resource.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field is preferred.
Minimum of 5-7 years experience in creating strategic campaigns in a premium performance brand setting
Thoroughly understand the market dynamics of the Duty Free/Travel Retail market
Inspires teamwork and collaboration
Strategic thinking and strong analytical skills
Business savvy. Ability to solve problems, exercise good judgment and sell his or her ideas
Ability to work with clients and move quickly from project to project, balancing Maui Jim's needs with Customer's requests
Strong communication skills – both oral and written.
Enjoys a fast-paced environment.
Action oriented. Exhibits energy, initiative, innovation, confidence and a strong learning capacity
Seeks out and embraces change, continuous improvement and flexibility
Values honesty, integrity and accountability
We offer a competitive salary and extensive benefits package.
Apply at https://mauijimcareers.silkroad.com/
Location: Peoria, Illinois, United States
Director Concepts & Marketing, HMSHost international (38 hours)
Date posted: 2014-02-05
The Company: HMSHost
The Opportunity: Our company
HMSHost is a part of the Autogrill Company and creates customized food and beverage concepts at 110 airports worldwide. We are the most responsive and creative developer and manager of dining venues in the travel industry. Our airport authority partners recognize our ability to deliver variety, great food & beverage, and genuine hospitality. In addition, airports leverage our analytical expertise to grow both passenger satisfaction and economic returns. HMSHost’s consistently strong recognition in awards programs speaks to our all-around excellence.
The primary objective is to establish and implement the strategy per region to win new contracts and maximize real estate value. The concept development team is responsible for effective market analysis and executing proper concept development. Layout development, pricing, marketing and promotion according to specific development processes and standards aligned with in the corporate strategic objective worldwide. The C&M Director will identify brands and negotiate site specific terms for “one off” and/or national concepts. Will need to provide concept development support for specific accounts. Continuous know how and research of international and national food and beverage trends throughout the international region including EMEA, S/E Asia, China and India.
• Establish C&M strategy per region aligned with corporate strategy, review & interpret market research results.
• Create a learning environment for operators to gain a global perspective of the facility development process, business measurements and practices.
• Constant research of food and beverage trends and developing partnerships with brands and food and beverage partners throughout the international region
• Providing further development opportunities through operations.
• Support team members in concept development processes in European and International countries, identify and develop potential concept manager/director candidates
• Ensure proper planning for concept work, including managing external resources when necessary or appropriate to position the company to efficiently respond to RFP’s and real estate maximization projects.
• Manage Bid Book for various tenders
• Zone analysis for each airport zone by analyzing the current unit performance including RPE, capture, sales per square meter, EP’s/concept and square meter/IK enplanements.
• Evaluate concept flow-through and functionality (efficiency of restaurants and ease of use for the customer and associate), apply pricing strategy and determine price points.
• Participate in the development of operating assumptions, ensure layouts are designed to maximize sales and labour efficiencies
• Obtain timely approval from all current brands (listed in portfolio) for site-specific development. Complete and submit all required brand documentation for such approval. Compete and submit internal request for any/all up front brand development fees to prevent delays in development.
• Where applicable, negotiate site specific improvements with national brands.
• Transition brands systems and processes into the non-traditional venue.
• Align the brands products and procedures with those of HMSHost.
• Coordinate with operation’s team member on transfer of facilities from development to operations.
• Ensure brand agreements are completed and executed in a timely (pre-opening) schedule.
• Bachelor degree in hotel and catering education, Business administration or commercial marketing degree
• Demonstrated knowledge in large international food and beverage environment
• Experience over 10 years in the food and beverage industry in all levels of operation and preferable marketing positions, knowledge of global food & beverage brand and franchise markets, preferable knowledge of Travel retail airport market
• Demonstrated leadership, fact-based decision making and relation management skills, ability to develop people
• Team memberships and strong presentation skills, exceptional project management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated customer focus and proactive, self-directed behaviour and ability to be detail- oriented and creative.
• Communication skills (verbal and written) at least in English
• Negotiating and deal-structuring skills (ability to influence and interface with outside contracts, primarily vice presidents of franchising and presidents of other corporations)
• Computer skills ( Microsoft excel, power point, lotus notes, word processing, internet research, software. Knowledge of financial tools (e.g. P&L, ROA, etc) and concept profitability
• Demonstrated understanding and use of market research and market trend information.
• Ability to travel 50-75% of time in Europe, Middle East and Asia.
• Functionality and flow through analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to optimize a projects value through analyzing trade-offs between multiple options, ability to read and interpret layouts
Working conditions and benefits package Recognition is another important component of HMSHost and we intend to further recognize significant individual and team achievements that are beyond normal job expectations with employment recognition awards. The position is based under the Dutch collective agreement of the hotel and catering industry
Location: Amsterdam Airport Schiphol